How Can I Activate Roku Account If I Forgot the Email ID?
Activate Roku Account
It is common for Roku users to either forget or lose access to an email address which was used to register a Roku account. When that happens, you no longer have access to manage both your account nor use the device. Therefore, in this article, we will deal with how to activate Roku account, if Email is forgotten.
Is The Existing Account Needed?
You can always create a new Roku account with a brand new email address and also reset the concerned device. But you may in all goodness lose all the precious device settings, channels, channel settings and lots more. And the worst part is, sometimes even subscriptions for channels may get lost during this transition process. In which case, it is advisable to get back the old account. Therefore, you must definitely retrieve your lost email address or password to save your Roku account.
If You Lost the Password
You cannot be sure of how to activate Roku account, if email is forgotten along with the password information. At least, one of these is mandatory for recovering your account info in the first place. If at all you do not have access to both the password and the email address, then you try creating a brand new account.
- Turn on your computer, smartphone or tablet
- Connect it to the internet
- Then, open a web browser
- Access the Roku.com/link website
- There is specific page for password resets
- Sometimes, the page will automatically sign you in, in which case, sign out from the page.
- Visit the password reset page, tap on the Forgot password link, which will send a message to the registered mail ID.
- Check for the recovery email, if it is not available in the Inbox, check the Spam folder
- Open the email, select the link and ensure it opens on a new browser window
- Then, you will see the Create password page. Enter new password in the respective fields. Reconfirm the same.
- In another new window, open the Roku page once again.
- Go to the login page, enter the email address and the password.
- You must be able to login now, else repeat all steps from beginning.
If You Forgot the Email Address
The case is not completely lost unless you have no access to your current Roku device. If that is the case then, you will definitely not be able to retrieve the email address. Otherwise, you can easily learn how to activate Roku account, if email is forgotten.
- Turn on your Roku.
- Go to the home screen.
- Use the remote or the remote app.
- Move on to the settings menu.
- Then, go to the About option under System.
- This will display your email address.