Fix Roku Error Code 014 on Roku Streaming Player
Roku Error Code 014
Generally speaking, the Roku 3 is a fantastic media player and comes with a hassle-free setup process. When you set it up at home, sometimes, individuals struggle to connect it to the Wi-Fi network. While the fault entirely doesn’t lie with the Roku device, there are also a fair bunch of routers that the Roku just isn’t friendly with. So, when you get the Roku Error Code 014, it seems like you may have entered the wrong password or have simply selected the wrong network name. But here are some other things that you can do to fix it.
Disabling the network pings
- On the controller you have to do the following to get to the ‘Platform Secret Screen’
- Press ‘Home’ 5 times, then the rest of the buttons in the following order:
- Fast Forward
- Fast Forward
- You will get to the menu that you are looking for
- Here, choose the ‘Disable network pings’ option
- Thereafter, you should be able to connect to the internet
When the ‘Disable Network Pings’ option cannot be seen on the menu you just opened, then it means that there is a pending software update
- Power on an alternative Wi-Fi network to connect the Roku
- You can even look for a mobile hotspot if you so wish
Note: If you are using the hotspot, there may be data costs to consider
- Then using an Ethernet cable, connect the Roku to a router
Running the software update
- In order to get to the ‘Secret Screen’ press as follows:
- Home – 5 times
- Fast Forward – 3 times
- Rewind – 2 times
- Look for the ‘Update Software’ in this screen
- Reboot after Roku has finished installing the software
- After this go and repeat the ‘Disable network pings’ process
- You should be successful in connecting to the network after this
To fix the Roku Error Code 014, use any of the two processes.
- Remove the power cable and switch off the device
- Then turn off the router and unplug the power cable from this device as well
- Next, wait for a while and then boot up the router
- Connect another device to check if the router is indeed connecting
- After that, connect the player
- Bring the device back to factory settings
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the router and the Roku
- Perform the activation process, once you have connected both the devices
- Allow the software update process to complete and then remove the power cable
- Establish a communication between the router and the Wi-Fi
- Once the activation process is complete, the Roku error code 014 will vanish
TCL Roku TV USA
- Whenever your TCL Roku TV fails to connect to the wireless network, you will get the Roku error code 014. To fix this:
- Make sure you are choosing the absolutely appropriate wireless network name
- In the ‘Choose Your Network’ screen, check if the preferred name for your network is listed
There are other error codes too such as 14.10, 14.11, 14.20 and 14.30 that denote the same error.
Error code 14.10 – This code will appear if your Roku device is unable to get connected to the network.
Error code 14.11– Make use of the settings>system and system restart for restarting your device and this step will help you resolve the error code 14.11 to a greater extent.
Error Code 14.20 – Check the signal strength once and simply try to improve it and the error code 14.20 will disappear. Buy a range extender to get better signal output.
Error code 14.30 – The error indicates that your device is unable to receive the wireless signal. To avoid this, we suggest the users to just use the wireless range extenders or place the device close to the router. Just go for a quick device restart and the error will resolve quickly. It is really important to avoid connecting multiple devices to the same router.
Network connectivity will fail if you choose the wrong network name. If you need any assistance for Network selection or troubleshooting Roku issues, call us at +1-844-740-1110 or visit https://www.roku-error-code.com/.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest