How To Troubleshoot Roku Error Code 017?
Roku Error code 017
Those who are “unable to connect to the home Wi-Fi network” will most likely encounter the Roku Error code 017. Get access to stream audio and video from the internet into the Roku streaming player to watch all the entertainment that you wish. For the device to perform well, you need a secure, reliable, high-speed internet connection. The first step to resolving a Roku Error Code 017 is to retrace all your setup steps and check if you have installed the device appropriately.
There are two types of error messages that you might visualize with the Roku Error Code 017. One says NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET and the other one could say UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK.
Set up Appropriately
- Connect the Roku player, in exactly the same way that you would connect the mobile phone or computer.
- After the device detects your signal, choose the correct name of the network and then enter the password.
- Roku, thereafter, connects to the home access point or router
- Subscribe to a broadband service through an ISP or Internet Service Provider to get access to the internet through the router.
- Some Roku devices are Ethernet-enabled, which means you can connect to the router with the help of a wired cable or an Ethernet.
- A faulty connection will always lead to service interruptions and installing the device without internet connection is not likely.
Roku Connectivity Issues
- Even as you are trying to connect to the internet, an UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK screen appears with instructions to verify whether the appropriate network has indeed been selected.
- To see all the networks once more, you will be requested to perform the SCAN AGAIN operation
- Click on the OK tab to initiate the above steps
- In another case, a CHECKING screen appears after you have chosen the network name and entered the password.
- A RED CROSS MARK appears against the WIRELESS CONNECTION field while the INTERNET CONNECTION field remains blank.
- Here, the only option left to do is to press CANCEL to proceed connecting again.
- The third case is when you are trying to launch a streaming channel and the network connection seems to have been lost.
- You will get a NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET message which will also explain that the particular channel cannot be launched due to connectivity issues with the internet.
- Here, you have two options. You can click on SET UP CONNECTION and start installing the connection again.
- Alternatively, click on PROCEED ANYWAY to see the next set of errors or instructions.
- During playback, an error screen appears which simply stops at LOADING, PLEASE WAIT after which, the advancement stops and the screen freezes.
- Either press on EXIT TO SET UP CONNECTION or click on I’LL SET IT UP LATER.
Network Connection Check
- Verify the excellence and strength of your signal at the CHECK CONNECTION option under NETWORK and then SETTINGS.
- The first part of the test will check the quality of the signal and the second one, measures the connection speed.
In any case, if you think you are unable to resolve the Roku error code 017, all by yourself, seek guidance from our experts through the toll-free number +1-844-740-1110 or visit https://www.roku-error-code.com/.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest