Why Does My TV Switch to a Different Device When trying to Use my Roku Streaming Player?
Why Does My TV Switch to a Different Device?
It is a common thing, that getting some errors during the Roku device installation and activation. When the Roku streaming player is connected using the HDMI cable or with CEC enabled devices, more probability is there for the devices to disconnect. While this disconnection happens, the TV may choose some other connection and switch to another device and get out of control from the remote.
To Solve this Error, Some Basic Ideas and Steps Should be Followed
HDMI means High Definition Multimedia Interface which is used to connect the audio and video devices. CEC defines Consumer Electronics Control and it is a feature of the HDMI standard which enhances the performance of HDMI connected devices. Roku device has one feature called one touch play, which automatically enables the TV to turn on the Roku player input, when the remote button is pressed.
Proceed with the following steps, if your TV is switching to another device
- Remove the HDMI cable on both ends from the TV and the Roku device. Then reconnect firmly with the ends and make sure your HDMI cable is a defected one or not. At the same time, use the original HDMI cable from the Roku package. Using any other different cable can lead to troubles. Try out another HDMI port on your device and TV. Sometimes, faults are there in the port which leads to failure in the connection.
- If the trouble is not with the HDMI cable wires, then focus on the power cord.
- Unplug the power cord from the Roku device and TV, then after some time, plug the cord firmly with the devices and the power outlet.
- If the connection trouble arises, try to avoid using the Audio Video receiver device (AVR)
- Connect the Roku player directly to your TV using the HDMI cable from the Roku package.
- Connect your TV to the internet network and update the firmware for your TV.
Check 1 Touch Play Option
Follow the below steps to disable the one touch play option in the Roku settings.
- Go to the Roku home menu by pressing the Home button in the Roku remote. Then enter the settings menu and select the ‘system’ option.
- In the system, select the ‘control other devices’ and ensure the one touch play option is enabled or disabled. Disable it by removing the tick option in the box.
- Even if the one touch play is disabled and your TV is switching to another device, then check the CEC on your TV and disable it.
By following the above steps, the issue can be resolved in any of the steps. Besides, if you face more difficulties on fixing this TV switching issue, Reach our technical team by the toll-free number +1-844-740-1110Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest